E Museum

Item: Photograph, black and white publicity image

Number: EC – 0000158A

Description: This photograph is a studio publicity image without caption or credits. However, the cadet holding the reins of the horse is Volney Hildreth and, at left holding the white rifle is the Commandant of Cadets. The Hildreth family donated the champion quarter horse, “Pat” to the school in 1947 with the intent the horse would be auctioned off and the proceeds donated to the American Cancer Society.

Donor: Volney Hildreth Family