KEMPER HALL OF FAME

Major E.W. Tucker

Major Tucker came to Kemper Military School as a graduate of the Western Reserve University in 1901. He was an instructor of English and endeared himself to the administration as a practical man of great common sense. His problem-solving skills and ability to work with people filled a profound need as the school increased to its highest enrollment prior to the Great Depression. Tucker demonstrated that it took a collective effort to manage the business affairs of Kemper and was so attuned to the operation that in 1934 he was elected the Secretary of the Board of Directors for Kemper Military School following the death of Colonel T. A. Johnston.

He was elected Vice-President and Treasurer in 1955 after the death of Major A.B. Bates. He retired from the board in 1958 with the announcement from General Cleland that he also would retire.